08.30 Registration & Coffee
08.50 Chairman's Introductory Speech
Welcome and comments on the agenda
Pierre Lavaud, Founder & CEO, JetFin, CH
THE BIG PICTURE
09.00 The Asian Macro Picture
Andrew Ballingal, Fund Manager, Ballingal Investment Advisors, Hong kong
- Asian Markets Overview
- Opportunities and risks for international investors
- Dollar moves v/s Asian currencies and consequences for international investors
Christian Takushi, Economist - Fund Manager, Swisscanto Asset Mgmt, CH
- Global Geopolitical Risks rising - Impact on Asia
09.30 Debt in Asia
Roel Barnhoorn, Global Head Debt Capital Markets, ABN AMRO Bank, CH
- What are the best debt strategies in Asia?
- Corporate liquidity issues. Hedging possibilites.
- Sovereign debt and corporate bonds in Asia
- How are investors trading the Asian credit markets ?
Polina Kurdyavko, Senior PM EM Corp, BlueBay Asset Management, UK
David G. Creighton, CEO, Cordiant Capital, Canada
- Debt and infrastructure financing in Asia.
- Perspective with other emerging markets
10.20 Coffee Break
10.50 Equity Strategy
Mark Konyn, CEO, RCM Asia Pacific Limited (Allianz Global Investors), Hong Kong
- Where are the best opportunities in Asia.
- Pre IPO, M&A and event driven strategies
- Is long only the best strategy to invest in Asia in 2011?
- Value or growth, high dividends, stock picking, what tools and technique to apply when investing in equities in Asia ?
Pieter Van Putten, Partner, APAC Asset Management, Australia
- How to benefit from Asia’s strong appetite for commodities?
- Asian opportunties related to commodities
- Australia, Commodities’ supplier of Asia
Christian Stauffer, Partner, EuroFin Asia Group, Singapore
- Asia Commodity trade finance
COUNTRY SPECIFIC STRATEGIES
Gustav Rhenman, Fund Manager, East Capital, Sweden / China
- How to play the China story ?
- Is China's growth sustainable ? What strategies should be applied to protect against the possibility of a correction of the Chinese market ?
- Equities investment strategies applied in China
12.10 Networking Lunch
01.30 Central Asia
Alimardon Yusupov, Director, Ansher Fund Management, Kazakhstan
- Investment opportunities and risks in Kazaksthan, Ouzbekistan and other central asian countries.
James Passin, Fund Manager, Firebird Management, Mongolia / USA
- Is Mongolia the next Eldorado ?
- Opportunities in PE, Pre-IPO and future privatizations
David Baran, Co-CEO, Symphony Financial Partners Co Ltd, Japan
- What is the outlook for the Japanese economy ?
- How relevant is Japan when investing in Asia ?
- How is the Japanese government addressing its debt obligations ? What is the risk of default?
- Japan, as investment opportunity
Yashwant Bajaj, Fund Manager, Juggernaut Capital Management, Japan
Deepak Lalwani OBE, Director, Lalcap, United Kingdom
- India : Growth story intact?
- Risks and opportunities
- Sectors and stocks
Ian McEvatt, Chairman, Himalayan Fund N.V., The Netherlands
03.40 Afternoon Tea Break
04.10 South East Asia
Min-Hwa Hu Kupfer, Chairlady, VietNam Holding, Vietnam
- Vietnam, risks and opportunities
Won J Choe, Fund Manager, Spectrum Advisors, Singapore
- Korea as a diversifying Asia Investment Strategy
- Specificites of Korean Investment Opportunities
THE INVESTOR PERSPECTIVE
Stephane Pizzo, Partner, Lotus Peak Capital, Singapore
- Hear directly from investors. What are they looking for in Asia? How to build an Asian allocation? What is the best mix to acheive absolute performance? How will their Asian allocation look in the Future?
- Diversified allocation in Asia
Didier Tosi, Partner CIO, Siglo Capital Advisors AG, Switzerland
05.20 Pension Funds
Theodore Economou, CEO, CERN Pension Fund, Switzerland
- Pension Fund perspectives for Investments in Asia.
- Convergence of alternative and traditional investments.
- Impact of Yuan on Investment decisions.
Gregoire Haenni, CIO, CERN Pension Fund, Switzerland
Christoph Mueller, Chairman IC, NEST Pension Fund, Switzerland
06.00 Chairman's closing remarks
Pierre Lavaud, Founder & CEO, JetFin, CH
06.15 Networking Cocktail
At the Dolder Grand Hotel. Ideal for networking in a good atmosphere.